Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Conversation with Karbunchkee

Years ago Lord Kadizzle watched a movie called "A Conversation with Andre". Yesterday Lord Kadizzle felt like he was in the movie. In the real movie the whole film takes place in the booth of a restaurant. Thats it, you see the filming of a conversation. However, it works.

Kabunchkee is fourteen years old. He sees himself as an outcast. He spends too much time sitting in his room pondering. The good news is that Kabunchkee gives me great hope for young people. He has seen through the propaganda, and silliness we try to foist on the young. He has seen the evil of indoctrination of the young. He has taken it upon himself to read some books that most young people would never consider.

I went to the lake to work on my boat. While I was fiddling with something in the boat Kabunchkee appeared at the hatch. We talked for hours. It was refreshing to talk to someone 14 that took it on himself to question the system and the world. I have so many friends four and five times his age that are incapable of seeing through the fog.

I cannot honestly say I have ever met someone his age who actually took it on himself to study real history. The history taught to our children is more propaganda than history. Few kids his age know the real history of what happened in Iran, Cuba, Chile, or so many of the countries where the United States was the villain in setting up a dictator.

Kabunchkee told me about an incident in his history class. The teacher had been talking about the history of Russia. At some point Kabunchkee raised his hand. Kabunchkee pointed out that in his whole lecture on Russia, he never said anything good about Russia. As I pointed out to Kabunchkee he did a great service to the rest of the kids in the class, they were being taught propaganda, he realized it, the rest of them were just soaking it up without question. I am not advocating that Russia was a great country, but could it be possible they never invented anything, produced any great art, or wrote any great literature?

In another part of our conversation we discussed at length how indoctrinating children with religion is child abuse. We both agree the evil of taking a young mind and filling it with nonsense is criminal. Letting a young girl waste her life as a nun and putting a perfectly good mind in a religious prison is a sin. Kabunchkee saw these things on his own, no one pushed him into these observations. Before we parted I gave Kabunchkee a list of reading material that we will discuss the next time we meet. We are going to talk about The God Delusion, This Perfect Day, and The Diary of and Economic Hit Man.

After meeting so many people his age and trying to have an intelligent conversation, I had just about given up hope. Most of the kids that age have no clue why they believe what they do. You ask them about politics and they say "I am a Repubublican because my dad is", or I am a Catholic because my family is." These children never got to a mental point by reason, they just bought something off the shelf.

No comments: