Friday, January 15, 2016

A very difficult situation.

Kadizzle just read a sad email from a young friend of our children.  The poor woman is going through a very difficult and what may turn out to be tragic pregnancy.  Knowing the terrible decisions her family may have to make stirs in me the thought of outsiders intervening.  The insane audacity of any person to interfere with other families' pregnancy crises riles me up beyond belief.  My daughter had surgery when she was four months pregnant with Sylvie.  Had any religious interloper tried to intervene in the medical decisions that had to be made I do not think I could have restrained myself.  The fact that Republicans use the abortion issue for political purposes is one reason I have nothing but disdain for that political party.  It is so very sad that politicians use such personal problems to enhance the suffering of young mothers, and for their own political gain.  If Republicans truly loved children they would provide health care, they would give single mothers a decent wage, they would support education, they would be for gun control. and they would help young families rather than provide tax breaks for the rich. There is no excuse for a child to live in poverty in the United States when some asshole like Donald Trump flies in a new 777 Boeing jet to spread hate across the country.

No comments: