Friday, February 21, 2020

A letter to the Bismark Tribune


Is there such a thing as fake news?  A few years back the Bismarck Tribune published a series of letters from my daughters dog whom she loved dearly.  Toni J. Sprinkleton has passed away and this letter is a tribute to Toni. The Bismarck Tribune limits letter writers to two letters per month.  Since I used my limit I inquired with Toni if he would like to comment on anything. Tony agreed and I typed the letters for him and sent them to the Tribune.  Believing in free speech even for dogs the Tribune published the letters. People suspected the letters submitted with the name Tony J. Sprinkleton resembled mine.  The editor at the time called me and asked if I had anything to do with the letters. I admitted I wrote the letters on Toni’s behalf. The editor declared they would no longer accept letters from dogs.  Tony was disappointed, but he was honored to be the only dog in North Dakota who was able to express his feeling in a letter to the editor. Now people need to think of Tony, and the Russians. If Tony can have his opinion published surely it is not difficult for the Russians to support Trump by merely having some sympathizer type their letters. 

No comments: