Saturday, November 28, 2015

Don't Mess with May

May is one tough cookie, don't mess with her.  One of my favorite stories she told me was when she went to the grocery store and some old guy was " hitting on her".  She told him to buzz off.  I guess his technique was to ask her how to cook some cut of meat.  No one has the energy of May.  Loading our truck this morning at my sister's house I turned around and saw May toting two six packs of beer out to the truck.  May is as feisty as they get.  May live right across the street from my sister in Cottonwood and nothing gets by her.  If Kadizzle goes to her house he sits in one of her special helper chairs. You know the king that push you up to a standing position.  Kadizzle sits down, and May comes over and takes off his shoes, gives him the TV remote, and puts a blanket on him.  Also there is usually a heating pad provided, with a beer.  Protesting Kadizzle said to May, " You don't have to do that".   May said " I killed four husbands with kindness. I think she did.  May and Kadizzle are exactly the same wave length.  May has no use for the right wing Fox News crowd, and she does not have much use for the religious bunk.  You have to get up early to beat May to the punch.  May ususally gets up at 4 and starts cooking. Her house is spotless, and bugless. She is still sharp.  She has a 66 year old boyfriend who took her out to Golden Corral for Thanksgiving.  They went a day early so the little children would not have to stand in line on the real day.

No comments: