Sunday, July 09, 2023

He lives in a small world

Many years ago a lot of my job involved just driving around observine things. Almost every day Duane and I would go out after lunch and look over the vast coal mine in North Dakota. Duane was about ten or twelve years older than me and had a down to Earth way of thinking. He did not have much education, but had a good mind. One day Duane was describing someone and he said " He live in a small world".  I don't know if Duane came up with that or where it came from, but I always liked it. How many people live in a small world? The world is as big as your mind wants to make it. Why would anyone want to live in a small world? Some people do. I have a good friend who reads constantly. The books put him in a bigger world, but not sure that is OK in my book. There is a real world out there. In that real world you can see things and talk to people. You can make that real world as big as you want. 

No comments: