Saturday, January 18, 2020

A letter from the Lickspittle

Dear Michael,
      Thank you for contacting me to express your views regarding the most recent push by Democrats to impeach President Trump. I appreciate hearing from you. 
     On September 24, 2019, Democrats in the House of Representatives began an impeachment inquiry into President Trump based on a July 25, 2019, phone call between President Trump and Ukrainian President Zelensky. In a remarkable display of transparency and openness, President Trump released the transcript of the phone call he had with President Zelensky for the public to read and review. Having read the transcript, I see no evidence of an impeachable offense. 
     While I may become a juror if the House continues to double down on its nonsensical, partisan impeachment crusade, I will not shirk my responsibility to call out the horrible handling of this process. The impeachment rationale of House Democrats is built on selective leaks and fabricated quotes, all designed to twist public opinion of President Trump while denying him the basic right to due process. The choice to follow an impeachment narrative instead of the facts is deceptive, wrong, and divisive. As House Democrats continue to indulge their impeachment obsession, Republicans will continue to do the work of the American people like passing the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA), lowering prescription drug prices, supporting our troops, and securing our nation's Southern border. Be assured, I will continue to closely monitor this process and provide you a thorough update when it comes to conclusion. 
       Again, thank you for contacting me. Please know I value your input as I serve you in the United States Senate. To receive the most up-to-date information on my positions, I encourage you to sign up for my email newsletter at cramer.senate.gov.

No comments: