Friday, December 14, 2018

Republican Pizza

One day my childhood Republican friend and I decided to make some money cutting grass.  He had a lawnmower, and I did not.  At the end of the day we decided to buy a pizza with some of our lawn mowing money.  When the pizza came he told me he would eat three quarters of the pizza and I would get one quarter of the pizza.  Inquiring why this was the case my Republican friend said it was his lawnmower so he should get most of the pizza.  I explained to my friend that I would like to have more pizza.  My friend told me that tomorrow we would cut two lawns and order a bigger pizza.  So the next day we cut two lawns and I got to eat one quarter of a larger pizza.  It seemed like my friend did not need to eat so much pizza and we could have shared in the prosperity,  but that is how I learned about Republican pizza.  No matter how big the pizza is the lawnmower owner always gets three quarters of the pizza.  Now this system was great in the 1960's when the CEO thought he could get by on 47 times what the factory floor worker was being paid, but some how now the CEO is paid 350 times what the factory floor guy gets.  Walmart has perfected this system.  The old lady who is on welfare and the greeter at the Walmart store is paid minimum wage, which is about eight dollars per hour.  The CEO of Walmart is receiving eight thousand dollars per hour.  The solution is very simple. The lady at the door should simply use the money she inherited to open her own Walmart.

No comments: