Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Who is Lisa Cremmer?


Todays hike was up to some altitude. The Kadizzle's went from 4,444 feet to 7,352 feet above sea level. Wonderful day, and scenery hard to improve. On the way up the trail we both missed a little day pack in the bushes. It was more obvious on the way down. Examing the day pack it first appeared to be some sort of rental thing, but closer looking revealed the name Lisa Cremmer. Why did Lisa leave the pack? Did she fail to return this way? Did she drink all the water and just throw the pack away? Did she ever return? Mud on the pack made it look like it had been there several days. Once before we found a pack like this, except it was completely loaded with goods. It had water and a lot of supplies. It was there early in the day and there when we returned. When you find things like this you wonder if someone is in trouble, or if it is just a stash as part of a hike. The other strange thing I have found this year, and never before is weather balloons. While hunting I found what at first I thought was a kite, but on a closer look, it was a parachute for a weather balloon. I traced the string down and found the transponder. I sent it back in the package provided and asked them to send me a balloon, or at least tell me where it was launched from. To this day I have not had a reply. On the way down here near Zuni I saw another weather balloon parachute in a field. We did not stop to investigate, but I am sure it was one. The odds of things seem strange. I have hiked for years and never found a weather balloon, and then this year I find two. Correction, last year I did find just the shredded balloon, but no transponder or parachute. An old fellow walking by yesterday told us about finding a human skeleton in a well while hiking around here.

No comments: