Friday, December 28, 2007

Family Saved from chronic cachexiae


This morning I read an article from sister Kate, who often writes historical articles for the local historical press in my home town of Wheeling, West Virginia. Her article dealt with a famous resort that once existed within blocks of our house. The resort was based on a spring that had curative effects. As a child I remember drinking from what was left of that spring. I am sure most of my family also drank from the spring. Kate noted in the article that the spring was known to cure chronic cachexiae. Reading the article, I wondered "What in the hell is chronic cachexiae?". It turns out chronic cachexiae causes people to waste away and become anemic. If you saw my entire family side by side you would know we were all cured by the spring. I often wondered why we all had no problem putting on weight and keeping it on. Now, I have found that we were all cured accidentally of chronic cachexiae. This may prove to be one of those rare diseases that the cure is worse than the disease. Like most of my family I have been fighting the cure for years. Unfortunately the cure for the cure involves excercise, and a diet consisting of empty bowls and water.

No comments: