Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Price of Boredom


My eldest daughter the Snoocher Bear just finished a phone conversation with me. She read some to the replies to "The Letter from Hell", in the Bismarck Tribune. On line you can see comments to articles in the Tribune. When fundamentalist topics come up and I get bored (because we are trapped in the rain) I cannot resist seeing the ongoing battle with the fundies in the paper. How these people manage to live and still be so devoid of logic is unbelievable. The scary part is how many of them are walking around among us. Of course I throw in some comments myself. Erin fairly accurately can pick out what I wrote, however there are a few other people who also must have my exact mindset, because they had her fooled. My greatest fear for our country is hard core conservatives, and hard core fundamentalist. The combination is like bomb material for fundamental freedoms. The way our country is headed toward a religious theocracy disturbs me. I always felt that it was inevitable that society would go forward, but seeing the way we have chosen presidents scares me. The fact that the religious litmus test is being applied so heavily in the current election process portends nothing but bad things.

No comments: