Monday, March 12, 2007

I had to shoot him, as a matter of honor



It seems like every year I have one of these incidents in the southwest. I was sitting in the grocery store in Parhump while The Commander was shopping. I glanced over by the check out counter and saw a small cowboy about four or five. To entertain myself I made a mean face at him. The young buckaroo responded by making a mean face at me. This went back and forth for awhile with each of us escalating the meaness of our look. Then the young cowpoke, who was equipped with a six gun and holster went behind the counter out of my sight. Black Bart reemmerged with one hand shielding the other hand, which was giving me the finger. After I quit laughing, I pulled out my gun and shot the little @#$@!. His dad was oblivious to the whole thing. I kept wondering, did his dad teach him this? As he walked out of the store behind his dad he made a fist at me and of course I returned the jesture. He smiled and all was well that ended well.

No comments: