Saturday, March 31, 2007

Headed for a train wreck



I have been doing taxes and our budget for the last two days. It looks like the train from income is going to have a spectacular crash with the train from outgo. The outgo train is going much faster than the income train. Our only hope is to act like the Federal Government and borrow some money from the Chinese. I talked to my Chinese banker, Hu Bein La Zee, he suggested I get a job, because China is not going to lend money to a country that denominates its currency based on the poundcake. Enraged, I told him the currency was modeled after the British Pound. Still he refused the loan.

I explained to him that my physical limitations resulting from the lack of an ambition gland prevents me from working. Hu Bein then suggested I borrow from my kids. I asked how that works, and he explained how the Bush Administration does it. You simply steal from your children's retirement, my Chinese friend explained. You borrow the money set aside for their retirement. When your children ask you to pay them back, you tell them you're broke. Then what happens I asked? You say too bad you will have to work until you die because I spent your retirement. This seemed like a good plan until I realized my kids have been asking me for money. Apparently, the only retirement they have is the money they put into Social Security. Bush already stole that from them, so that leaves me with nothing to do but try to live within my means.
This is not the American way.

No comments: