Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Air Force Destroys Lord Kadizzle's Underwear


The wagon train is back in the land of wifi. Her majesty the commander and Lord Kadizzle have landed in Parumpfh, Nevada. According to Ed, Parumph is African for elephant fart. We just left Death Valley yesterday. The Air Force uses the valley to the west of Death Valley to practice. Driving around it was fun see the jets fly as close to the ground as possible. They are not supposed to come over to the Death Vally side. However, as we were driving North at about 55mph a jet came up behind us at under two hundred feet, and about two hundred feet to our left on a straight stretch of road. I think the pilot deliberately scared the hebee ba jeebees out of me and ruined a perfectly good pair of underwear. I instantly heard a noise I could not identify, and instinctively jerked the truck to the right as fast as I could. Cissie sort of screamed, and yelled look. I looked left and saw the wing tip immediately ahead and to the left of the truck. Since the jet was doing about five hundred mph, he was gone in an instant. According to the park officials they are not supposed to go under one thousand feet. I could certainly see where this prank could lead to a wreck or heart attack. From the pilots perspective, I can also see the temptation. He went by so fast I doubt he had the pleasure of seeing me drive into the ditch.

No comments: