Thursday, March 08, 2007

Small Rangers Most Dangerous


Everything has to adapt in the desert. With little water being small is an advantage. Even the park rangers have evolved into smaller creatures. Even though the rangers are smaller, they still have quite an attitude. You can see ranger Matt in the picture above. Matt and I got into it about our campsite. Matt said I was parked wrong and needed to move everything. One thing lead to another and it looked like we were going to come to fistacuffs. As I looked at the shrunken ranger, I did not think I would have much trouble if the argument resulted in an ultracation. Then I started to remember what the camp host had just told me about rattlesnakes. The kind elderly woman said that the ones with the most venom were the small ones. Most of the people who died had been bitten by the little ones. With this in mind I began to think about evolution, and the small ranger that was getting agitated. Perhaps the little rangers were the toughest in the desert just like the snakes, so I figured it would be best if I backed down. Turned out to be a good decision. After I agreed to do as Matt requested he got on his bike and pedaled up a steep hill as if there were a motor on that bike.

No comments: