Wednesday, January 24, 2007

We made it, but recovery will take awhile

Ken Peterson, Cissie, and Mike made the big hike down Rogers Trough today. The Ruins we found were excellent. The day was perfect, but getting the two turkeys down the draw and back was a feat. Ken had trouble getting his turkeys in and back. In case you don't remember one turkey equals twenty pounds overweight. At Thanksgiving Cissie pointed at the Turkey and told me I was carrying two of them with me all the time. Those turkeys do not hike well, they want to rest, and going up hill they are a pain, but on the way down they hammer you to death. I am thinking of firing a turkey or trading one in for a chicken. With no WiFi I cannot put pictures on here. We are again at Ken and Terry's. Good food, and desert. Now, another Phoenix friend wants us to hike tomorrow. Today's hike was eight miles, I don't know if I can make another one tomorrow.

No comments: