Saturday, January 27, 2007

Justin Makes it to the top.


Today we hiked up to Weavers Needle. Our new friend Justin (time) went with us. I had my doubts that Justin could make the whole hike, it was about eight miles and very hard hiking. Justin who is ten did fine, I am recommending him to be a junior Indian guide. He became very proficient at finding the trail. He learned to see rock cairns and help lead the way. He is the son of the camp host where we are staying. We will be there again tonight. The camp is along the Salt River south of the Saguaro Dam. I am about worn out form hiking every day. We are still trying to meet up with Ed our friend with the Casita camper. Ed is in Yuma AZ. We are going to visit Perry Foster in a day or two. Who knows where next. We have had a few people interested in the house in Hazen, and it looks like we have a place to rent at the lake in North Dakota. Cissie is still hot ot buy a house near my sister Patty in Cottonwood. I cannot put up pictures from here, but will try to get some up from the hike today when we get to wi fi. We can get a cell signal where we are now. Justin wants a hamburger for a reward for completing the great hike. Yesterday I mentioned to Justin we were hiking today. He asked what time are you leaving. I was surprised to see him this morning when we about to leave at seven thirty with his pack on ready to go, we could not turn him down. He had sandwiches and water and was ready to go.

No comments: