Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Divine Twiddler


Religion has always perplexed Lord Kadizzle. Having just read through about 2/3 of Richard Dawkin's book The God Delusion, his lordship is still perplexed. One of the best essays in the book involved The Divine Twiddler. Dawkins writes about seven critical numbers in the universe that must be exact for us to exist. Religious people use this to claim someone set the numbers. Of course you need someone to tune the seven dials, and thus God, or The Divine Twiddler comes into the picture. As usual the problem is still there, because there is no way to figure out where The Divine Twiddler came from. However, Lord Kadizzle likes the concept. I cannot wait until the next time someone asks me if I believe in God, and I can reply, " I am sort of leaning toward The Divine Twiddler. It would be so nice to see a sign in front of a church somewhere labeled The Church of The Divine Twiddler. The symbol for the church would be seven knobs. People would say, "Do you know Lord Kadizzle?", and someone would reply, "Oh, yes, I think he is a Divine Twiddler, they meet on the lake on Sundays".

No comments: