Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Zeitgeist The Movie


One of my greatest pleasures in life is being the dad of two great daughters. Both of them have a love for knowledge, and are always making it a point to enrich their knowledge base. Recently Megan called and insisted I watch a movie called Zeitgeist The Movie. You can watch it on your computer, that is what I am doing this morning at 5:30 A.M. I have only made it through the first chapter. I can see why Megan found it so fascinating. It would be very useful for the religious to watch. The movie in my mind proves Christianity is basically an advanced astrological religion. Before you get your shorts in a knot, if you are religious, watch the movie. I would love to watch it with a fundamentalist and see their reaction. I think the movie is about much more than religion, and of course I endorse it because it parallels my views. It is almost two hours long, so if you decide to give it a try, be patient, and let it unfold. I am just taking a break, then on to chapter two.

Well, I made it through chapter two. Chapter two deals with 911. Chapter two portrays 911 as a conspiracy. It does a very good job of it, but I am always skeptical of conspiracy theories. There are certainly some very interesting unexplained things that took place on 911. The most convincing is the collapse of what they call building seven. Building seven was never hit by an airplane, none the less it still collapsed like the others. One theory that I never bought before was the idea that the buildings were blown up. This seems crazy to me, but they make a case for it. Like I say, I am one of the most skeptical of people, and conspiracy theorist love coincidence. The jury is out on chapter two. On to chapter three, if I can see it before the commander wakes up.

Just barely made it. The Commander is up wondering what I am doing. I made it through chapter three. Chapter three is very good and thought provoking. Unfortunately it gets into the one world order type thing, which turns me off. However, it makes some very good arguments, and I would recommend going through it for its thought provoking nature. The basic premise is that we are being manipulated. I believe this is true, I don't exactly agree it is being done in the manner described. The last chapter is called the man behind the curtain. I think the guy is back there, but we may be giving him too much credit. My problem is I can see how these conspiracy theories can be flip flopped to the advantage of to the guy behind the curtain. Perhaps he is exposing his own magic, in order to make an even greater magic. Questioning is a very good thing, but the line between questioning and paranoia is very fine. Many people have been cleverly manipulated by paranoia. There are some very good scenes in chapter three that make it worthwhile. If you watch the thing, I would like to hear your spin on it. The first chapter was my favorite, and the one I truely believe. The verdict is out on the last two chapters. I agree with a lot of it, but I am not yet ready to make a ruling. My gut feeling it is the recooking of a lot of old stuff.

No comments: