Tuesday, October 23, 2007

How did I get to be me?


Once upon a time I did my student teaching in West Virginia. At the high school where I was teaching all the students were carrying around and reading THIS PERFECT DAY. One of the students gave me a copy and I read it. The book is similar to 1984, however it has a different spin. No other book I have read explains how our society works better than this book. It deals very well with the concept and morality of manipulating a whole society. If any Kadizzled fans have read the book, again I would like your feedback. A big issue the book deals with is about the morality of the more intelligent manipulating the less intelligent. Should they do it? The more intelligent create a perfect world for the less intelligent, but is this a good thing, if the less intelligent are subjected to nothing but a drug induced bliss? The book parallels very much what is happening in our society today, and its ability to predict the future has amazed me. If I had to choose a paranoid theory to subscribe to, this would be it.

No comments: