Thursday, October 11, 2007

Good hunting partner has cancer


Emil is one of the best hunting partners a man could have, but he never fires a shot. Years ago I asked Daryl if he knew Emil. Since he said he did, I asked him to check with Emil to see if we could hunt on his land. The next time I saw Daryl I asked " Well, what did he say?". The @##$#%! said nobody can hunt unless he goes with them. This did not deter me. I went to his house and said do you want to hunt? He explained that he did not hunt, but when someone did on his property he went with them. I said "hop in". Ever since that day we have had the best hunts in Mercer county on his property. Emil sits in the truck, and we give him a two way radio. When we want picked up, Emil brings the truck where it is needed. During the winter Emil feeds the pheasants. It is one thing to have a farmer let you hunt, but far better one that drives you around. Now, just about everyone who hunts with us knows Emil, and has enjoyed his company on the hunts. Emil has a good sense of humor and always enjoys ribbing people about a missed shot or a failed maneuver. If you are in Bismarck, and you want to visit Emil, he is in room 245 at Med Center One.

No comments: