Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Calamity at Hazen Gargbage Exchange


Since I arrived at my afternoon work assignment early Lord Kadizzle decided to go to the Hazen Garbage Exchange. It is a small store on main street that sells peoples trash. It has a marvelous selection of fribbles, little cups, glasses, knick knacks, and simple minded house decorations. Frequently I find a good buy there on tools. Since the trash exchange is run by volunteer women, they are generally clueless about the value of tools. As I bent down to examine a socket set, I bumped a shelf full of glass and ceramic fribbles. The whole shelf came loose. One or two fell and broke with a loud glass breaking sound, then five fell, then six then the shelf fell on the shelf below and knocked down that entire shelf. It turned into a waterfall of breaking junk. Everyone in the store appeared in an instant. It sounded like a crash of Biblical proportions and they were sure someone must be hurt. Had this happened in a China shop I would be in debt forever, but in Hazen I think the bill for the broken trash may have come to three or four dollars. Well, I ended up buying a socket set for $3.50, I don't think they made anything on my visit.

In the spirit of the day I cooked my pizza special. A couple weeks ago I found a good cheap frozen pizza at the grocery store. After I cooked it The Commander explained to me it would be better if I took the cardboard off first. Well, last night I did it again. I put the pizza in the oven with the cardboard still on the bottom. The technique produces a gooey pizza, that creates firebelly that will last all night. I am hoping for a better day today.

No comments: