Saturday, October 27, 2007

Introduction to Jesus


If there is such a thing as a Quinn family church, this is it. I did not last long as a good Christian, and I think this church was the start of my decline. My earliest memory was about the age of five. I wanted no part of Sunday school, and tried to leave. They locked me in the room so I could not get out. Ever since that day I have not been a very good student of the Bible. As time went on someone was always trying to con me into returning, but I never did. Our grade school was just across the street from this church, and we were sent over there every Wednesday for a dose of God. The Supreme Court would have gone nuts with separation of church and state if they knew what was gong on. There was a reasonable Jewish community in our neighborhood, and the Jews wanted nothing to do with the Presbyterian Church, so the Jews, and other heathens stayed back at school when the rest of us were being indoctrinated. There were many times I just stayed back at the fort with the Jews, perhaps that is how I ended up marrying a nice little Jewish girl from Richmond.

No comments: