Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Living under oppression


I have read all kinds of articles on retirement, but none has ever mentioned what is happening to me. Lord Kadizzle entered the world of 24 hour leisure before The Commander made the transition. Now that The Commander has officially retired from her forester position, Lord Kadizzle has full time adult supervision. This means plates, cups, and other dishes must immediately be washed and returned to their homes. The half life of underwear on the floor is now the quarter life. As far as making any decisions, that is a thing of the past, all decisioins come from Comandante. Any moment The Commander will bust onto the scene with the familiar command "Make me some coffee", that is my signal freedom in the Land of Kadizzle is over for the day. It will not be long after she sits down and gives the command "Get the cream", then she will proclaim, "You are going to help me put the fence up around the garden". My day in servitude will begin. I do not get to make the simplest decision anymore. A nice noon nap on the couch is very difficult under the Commander's homeland security. Now, we live like the Japanese with shoes on and shoes off all day going in and out of the house. Men beware, when your wife retires it means you will be going back to work.

No comments: