Saturday, October 31, 2009

Watermelon hanging on the Vine

This is an old song from the hills, and it is required song knowledge to hear it push this link. Now here are the lyrics you have to learn. Sing along by playing the highlighted link.


Watermelon on the Vine

See that watermelon smiling through the fence
I really wanna eat that watermelon fine
White folks sure am foolish, They haven't got a lot of sense
Or they wouldn't leave that melon on that vine

Chorus
Hambone is sweet, chicken is good
Rabbit is so very, very fine
But give me, oh give me, now how I wish you would
That watermelon hanging on that vine

You may talk about your apples, your peaches and your pears
'Simmons a-growing on the tree
But bless your heart my honey, you am the gal for me
Or they wouldn't leave it hanging on that vine

I went to get that melon, it was on one Sunday night
The stars they had just begun to shine
When I left that old man's field, I left there in a run
But I didn't leave that melon on that vine
Listen to this song

This Song Clip was recorded in the key of G. (Click below to play.)


A song from the Mountain Music for Everyone Song Collection from the ToneWay Project. Our website has lyrics to nearly 400 traditional songs common

No comments: