Thursday, October 08, 2009

My letter to Senator Conrad today, you send one

Dear Senator,
I am extremely distressed about the current state of the health care bill. I want a public option. In fact I would like to see universal care. I feel you have been duplicit in defeating real health care reform. I have been supporter of you and the Democratic party, but now I am ready to abandon both over this issue. You have made a statement to the effect " A public option is not in our culture". I don't know where that comes from, but I think you fear the right wing voters in North Dakota. Those people will never vote for you. I think you make a grave mistake trying to placate the right wingers in North Dakota. You will lose the support of the true Democrats. I want someone who will fight hard for change. I do not buy the Medicare smoke screen as cover to maintain the status quo. Fix it. If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything. My children will suffer because you have failed to take a strong stand on this issue. Please stand with those who want real change. That is why so many people had such high hopes for Obama. At this point like so many others I feel nothing but disappointment.

No comments: