Friday, April 27, 2007

Jake to appear on Oprah Show


According to local news my little neighbor Jake will be on the Oprah show next week. If you have been to my house you may have met Jake. Jake is the seven year old bi-lateral amputee that lives next door. Jake can be a handful. Sometimes he taunts me by yelling "Hey Old Man". This often means I have to chase him into the trampoline, catch him and wrestle him into submission.

Last summer while I was washing the car, Jake was being a real nuisance. Several times I warned Jake that if he did not stop bothering me he was going to get soaked with the hose. Sure enough I had to give him a squirt of water. It did no good, so I continued to dowse him. It was not long before he was completely soaked, and finally went home. I began to think I might be in trouble. The next day I asked his sister if their mom was mad because I soaked Jake. She told me when he took his legs off water poured out of the sockets, but his mother said he probably deserved what he got.

No comments: