Saturday, December 09, 2006

Vietnamese win in Evergreen



Last night we took off for downtown Evergreen to enjoy a meal out. This followed a day of repairing various and asundry items at the Bodiniem Mountian retreat. I took apart two heaters and managed to get one working. Then I installed a new garbage disposal.

Our dinner was at a Vietnamese restruant. The way these people cook, I can see why we were foolish to take them on in a war. They can do more with less than anyone I ever saw in a kitchen. The meal had so many interesting flavors, and they put the Chinese to shame. Erin suggested I should become a food critic. I love food, I could never become a critic of food. The only food I would criticize is the food that is not on my plate.

After the meal with full bellies we returned to the mountain to play a game called Catch Phrase. Your teammate give you a clue to a word and you have to guess it before the buzzer goes off. If you get it right you pass the timed buzzer to the other team. The team holding the buzzer when it goes off loses. Fran randomly got the word "lazy". I had to guess the word. Fran's clue was "It is what you are". He added in kindness "When you say you get hit by gravity". I guessed, but Fran lost ten son-in-law points.

No comments: