Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas is coming


Ned and Megan made it to ND with the great rat dog Toni. Yesterday we took Ned on a great hunt for the Wild Northern Cackler i.e. pheasant. I bagged one, and Ned managed to hit the first one he shot at. Quite and accomplishment. So there will be meat on the table tonight. The world championship of scrabble went late into the night. There were some questionable tactics. I was questioned and challanged about the word "scrawling", of course Mr. Webster confirmed my choice. However, I lost. I went to bed to read, while the heated game went on. Snow in Denver has prevented Erin from getting home to Denver. Hopefully Erin can now come directly to Bismarck today. If things go well the gang will be deep in a scrabble game tonight. Ned and I may go out today to comb the prairie for the dangerous quarry. Ned seems to like the great hunt.

No comments: