Monday, December 04, 2006

Sacred Mountain


Two Indian sites visited today. First an interesting petroglyph site. The site had over 12oo different figures. Recently it was discovered to also be an astronomical calander. Long story about how it works, but very interesting. The park host was at the site and had a lot of interesting information about the site.

The second site was Sacred Mountian. It is within a couple miles of Patty's. I have never seen a site with so many pot sherds. The mountian was probably three or four acres on top. No matter where you looked there were pot sherd. Not only on the mountain, but everywhere around it. On the way down the mountian I took a route off the back side not normally used. I found a piece of black and white pottery, which was the only one I saw, and I think it was out of place there. All the other pottery shards were brown, grey, or red. None were decorated except the one I found.

No comments: