Friday, May 30, 2008

Lord Kadizzle Song writer

Lord Kadizzle often sings in the shower, or will just burst out with a song for no reason. Yesterday it happened again, Lauren heard one of Lord Kadizzles songs on the radio. Utah Phillips died, and NPR did a spot on his life. The song Halaluya I am a Bum was sung in the background. Through the years Lauren only heard the song when she heard me sing it. Last night she told me about the story, and her amazement that my song was on NPR. Little did she know I did not write the obscure song. She knows now. Years ago the same thing happened with my kids. I sang in the shower all the time and the kids thought I was making the songs up. Sometimes I did, but most of the time it was not my songs. Like Lauren they were amazed to find my songs made it on the radio, and cropped up in unusual places. At first they told their little friends "My Dad wrote that song", then quickly they started to figure out, it just ain't so. Lord Kadizzle was proud when he got credit for many of Bob Dylans songs, and he wrote quite a few of Janus Joplin's.

No comments: