Sunday, February 24, 2008

At The Beatnik Cafe


When the sixties ended they had to store everything somewhere. The somewhere must be the town of Joshua Tree California. Sitting in the Beatnik Cafe waiting for the laundry to wash seems like 1968 all over. An old guy is sitting across from me browsing through the History of Art. The Commander swears he is Robin Williams. Before she left to check the laundry she told me to tell Robin Williams he knows our neighbor Jake. The girl behind the counter was putting the moves on her boyfriend, and I asked "What are you doing?." She said "I am fondling him". I asked " How much does that cost?". She said "Its not on the menu" Looks like Robin Williams is leaving. I wonder if he knows who he is? He doesn't seem to be doing to well in an old trench coat and needing a shave. Nice music here. May be awhile before we get another connection. So back to a new part of the desert tomorrow. The Commander found out we can get water there, so we do not need to haul it.

No comments: