Sunday, May 14, 2017

The Prisoner

Yesterday an old friend left a note on my doorstep.  The man who is now somewhere near fifty I first met as a municipal judge when he was a teenager.  As a young man he discovered the art of getting into trouble. He did not learn anything from his sessions in court with me as the judge, and he went on to the big house on drug charges.  In prison he met a local man who murdered his wife.  The local man is doing life in prison. So my old friend and I had a phone conversation.  From the man doing murder he told me he learned a lot. I guess he did. I realized that the man who had done prison time had much more respect for humanity than so many of the people who should be in prison.  This man cares. He grew up.  It may have taken three times the allotted time, but he finally grew up.  One thing we discussed was the phony Christians.  As it happened the man had been in the same church as Congressman Cramer.  Congressman Cramer is willing to take health care away from poor people so the rich can enjoy tax breaks.  This is simply wrong and against every Christian principle, but Cramer goes around with the fake Christian badge on his shirt. Cramer is against abortion, but has no problem of taking food away from a living breathing child.  So in my book the ex prison inmate is far more moral than Cramer.

Cramer said he had no problem with working until he is 72.  Kadizzle explained to Cramer that works fine for a politician, but no so well for a coal miner, a truck driver, or a carpenter.  Cramer is willing to raise the retirement age to protect the rich from paying taxes.  What a wonderful man Cramer is.  The Bible is full of instances where Jesus ask people to protect the rich.

No comments: