Thursday, May 11, 2017

A Big learning experience, or perhaps a refresher.

A few times in my life I have seen an event take place and then saw the results as they appeared in the media. My first experience with this was many years ago when there was a strike at the coal mine where I worked.

Today I got a good refresher course in how things happen, and how they get reported.  I had a kerfuffle with Congressman Cramer. The dustup was covered by the news media. Rob Port who is a right wing blowhard and would love to be Rush Limbaugh had his say.  As usual he distorted the whole thing with his typical right wing slant.  Port did not have the decency to call me and ask for my accounting of what happened. The Bismarck Tribune did call and do the correct journalistic thing by letting me tell in my words what took place. Once I read the Bismarck Tribune account I found a glaring inaccuracy. I asked them to correct it. Since Nick Smith of the Tribune taped the whole thing he can go back and see that he is wrong.

Nick Smith wrote that a man constrained me by choking me. According to Nick Smith this was done in order to keep me from acousting Cramer.  That is not what happened. The man came to me and started to choke me while I was asking Cramer a question. The police grabbed the man and ejected him from the room. The video will show that.  When I tried to give Cramer money for the women with medical bill after the man had been ejected the police asked me to leave, and I did. Why Nick Smith would distort the incident I do not know.  I asked Port to call me so I can tell him what actually took place I have not heard from him. TV presentations were so short and so little context was explained or shown that it was really scary. So hopefully I am smarter than when I woke up this morning.

No comments: