Saturday, September 08, 2007

Suffering 101


Neighbor Bob and Lord Kadizzle are going to take off on an all male sail today. We used to make many trips like this when the kids were home and The Commander stayed home to keep us from becoming grandparents too soon. As I walked out to get the paper I could see what kind of sail it is going to be. Windy, cold, and rainy, it will be like rounding the horn of South America. As we sail west I am sure we will get soaked. Also I look forward to walking through mud to get to the boat. It should clear off by the end of the day, and tomorrow may be nice with no wind. Sometimes a wet miserable sail is fun. Years ago I went out in our 19ft boat in a terrible blow. It looked like the setting for a movie. Water was blowing in our face, but we enjoyed it, and I still remember that sail. At least sunburn will not be an issue.

No comments: