Wednesday, September 19, 2007

He Ate My Lunch


Often I wonder where expressions come from. Sometimes you hear people say "It will eat your lunch". Yesterday, I was the it. In the constant quest for pheasants I agreed to help a local farmer harvest silage. When dinner came, the farm wife gave the guy pushing the silage into the pit two shoe boxes with dinner in them. As I pulled into the pile with a load of silage, the pile manager said, " Were stopping for dinner, here's yours". He told me the farm wife was taking her husband a box with dinner. Her husband was in the field on the tractor. As I ate I wondered why there were two cups in my box, but the mystery didn't keep me from eating everything in the box. When I got back to the field where the farmer was chopping the silage I asked him if he had dinner. Soon we realized what had happened, I was supposed to bring it to him. Now I am afraid when someone says "How is Lord Kadizzle to work with?". The answer will be "He will eat your lunch".

No comments: