Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Small Incision


Last night sister Kate called up from the hills in West Virginia with an update. She said sister Sue suffered from a fever and was hospitalized. Sounds like Suzie is recovering. Kate went on to tell me about Frank talking to the goats. The whole thing sounded like one of those redneck comedians on the comedy channel. The neighbors called up and complained to Ma about Dad acting like a chicken in the front yard. Ma, said "Thats ok, he don't bother no one, and besides we can use the eggs". Now, to the best part. Kate said she had an appendicitis that almost killed her. The doctor told her it would take a small two inch incision to fix her up. After the surgery she told me she had a scar ten inches wide and five inches deep. Thank God Kate is a big woman. If you cut The Commander like that, you would have two commanders. I mentioned to Kate that five inches is pretty deep. She explained that she has a lot of muscle. Most Quinns have a lot of "muscle". Sometimes I have to let my belt out an extra notch because of all the muscle I have developed eating pizza.

No comments: