Thursday, August 30, 2007

What is this house worth?

The Commander and Lord Kadizzle have thought a lot about selling our house in Hazen and trying somewhere else. Often I wonder what the house is worth. Our house has a kitchen island, that is worth a fortune. It is not at all unusual to come home like we did yesterday and find some apple crisp on the counter. It wasn't there when we left. The day before tomato pie appeared. If you leave that counter alone for awhile it will come up with something. One thing that appears on the counter that is one of my favorites is the rice pudding. I think the key to the appearances is the neighborhood, and leaving the door unlocked. Getting this counter to the point where it would feed us took many years, but it is worth the effort. If I had to move to another place and teach the counter to produce food like this one, it would be a lot of work. Another nice thing about our house is that it is located in a neighbor hood full of counters. If my counter is empty, I just wander to the neighbors and see what is on their counter. It doesn't get any better. Replacing a house like this would be almost impossible.

No comments: