Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Hauling Goats to Bismarck


Many of my detractors claim I am a cheap old fart, however they are not always aware of all my good deeds. One thing I end up doing frequently is hauling all the old guys from Hazen to Bismarck. Most of these guys have doctor appointments, and need someone to take them to Bismarck and back. Their problem is two fold, first they cannot stay awake for the whole drive, and second they often get medicated in Bismarck. I enjoy the trip, and am glad to help these guys. Often I wonder why their church doesn't provide the service. It strikes me as strange that one of the towns premier heathens always ends up with the job. Most of the time these guys buy me dinner, so I don't want to pretend it is all for nothing. My motto is "Will drive for food". So today Cissie and I are going on a goat run. This particular goat has one of those huge Cadillacs every person of the last generation dreams of. The thing is so big you need a Captain's license to drive one. It has leather seats and is like floating in a big bubble. If I am not already, someday I will be an old goat, so I hope there is a goat hauler when my time comes.

No comments: