Friday, August 31, 2007

Last Big Sailing Weekend


The Commander is slowly recovering from her West Nile Virus. Yesterday, she was told that the virus can cause one to be in a bad mood. After she bit me several times I had her vaccinated. I was found guilty of the usual crimes. One count of being me. Two counts of breathing, and one count of failure to read her mind. Fortunately her mood seems better today. We will be hopping in the good ship and heading west.

I have seen the picture of Lake Sakakawea above for many years. This morning it was in the Bismarck paper. Suddenly I figured out where the picture was taken. The picture is from the North end of Goat Bay. The picture was taken when the lake was high, that is why I never recognized it before. We may anchor and camp there this weekend. With the lake low there is no water on the left side of the island in the picture.

No comments: