Friday, June 08, 2007

The Ravens fire out a CD



Hardly a day goes by that I don't stop in a City Hall and talk to our Economic development manager for Hazen. Duke has been doing this for quite a few years. It looks like it has been a good week for Duke. In addition to the announcement that we will have a nice new retail store in town, Duke's group has put their new CD out for sale.

I took my copy home and put on the headphones. Instantly I was transported back to the time when there was real music. I was back at College singing Red Red Wine, then I was at my cousin's listening to It Ain't Me Babe. Those were all good times and there are thirteen other songs that can take you there. The Ravens put their own spin on each of the songs, and I like it. It is hard to believe that old Duke has such a good singing voice and these old farts can crank out the tunes they do, but if you want to find out for yourself, let me know and I can tell you how to get a copy of the CD.

The Ravens started out years ago like so many young guys traveling around the bars and venues of North Dakota doing their stuff. It is great that the got back together and let everyone reminisce. The last time they played at Jimmy's in Hazen it was to a packed house.

No comments: