Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Baseball Wars

The Commander is caught up in a great baseball war with the parents in Hazen. The Commander is on the park board, so she has to deal with it. Parents are fighting over how the baseball program will be run. Now, I feel like an old man, because I am going to launch into "When I was a kid". So, when I was a kid parents had nothing to do with baseball. Kids organized themselves. In doing so they learned a lot. They learned how to socialize, and they learned how to organize. Now all the kids learn is how to fight by watching their parents. I was outside most of the day yesterday. It was a wonderful day, but none of the neighbor kids were outside. They were all cooped up in their house watching video games or television. I could not imagine living like that when I was young.

No comments: