Friday, June 22, 2007

Made $20,000 before noon yesterday


As we were working in the driveway our friends Ken and Terry Peterson pulled into the driveway. After a short conversation Ken asked Lord Kadizzle if he would like to make some easy money. Lord Kadizzle is a skeptic, but Ken unfolded the system. Ken was watching Fox news and saw an article about presidential dollar coins that had been made wrong at the mint. Ken examined one he had purchased from the bank in town. It turned out he had three rolls of the misprinted coins. Each dollar coin was worth two hundred dollars. Ken suggested Lord Kadizzle buy some coins at the same bank. Off to the bank I went and bought one hundred dollars worth of coins, that is all they would let me have. Once home I opened them, and sure enough they were all misprints. The coins were printed without the words "In God We Trust". This seemed an extreme stroke of luck, so I decided to do some research and see exactly what they were worth. In the mean time The Commander was sent back to the Bank to get more coins.

It wasn't long before I found out the words were not printed on either face of the coin, but were printed on the edge. Re-examining the coins I realized there was nothing wrong with them. Our net worth instantly went back to normal and now I have $100 dollars worth exactly $100. It is worth a little more, because it taught me money rarely falls out of the sky.

No comments: