Saturday, June 16, 2007

Lord Kadizzle falls prey to strange store in Hazen



Hazen has an unusual business. I am not sure what they are doing, and I am not sure if they know either. They seem to buy whatever they can and resell it anyway they can. You know all the stuff that gets returned to Target, or Wal Mart, or whoever, it has to go somewhere. These people bid on a truckload of returns from Target. The stuff shows up and they resell it on Ebay, or at their store. A lot of the stuff is new, or the package has just been opened and closed.

As I drove by the other day, I noticed the yard of the business had magically filled up with all kinds of lawnmowers, and every conceivable motorized piece of equipment. My curiousity got the best of me and I stopped. I have been contemplating buying an Ipod for my music, so I inquired. It wasn't long before I walked out with a new used Ipod. Of course in my mind I got a bargain. After some detective work I found out what they pay for this stuff, see that they also got a bargain. Commerce in this country is a strange mix of people moving goods. Now, I find out these people are going to trade their excess inventory of new clothing, for someone else's excess inventory of new cars. I feel like we live in Tim Buck To where camel caravans stop and strange trades take place.

No comments: