Thursday, June 21, 2007

Pedaling Toward Nirvana


North Dakota has been having one of the wettest springs I can remember. It is great, because we have been in a drought for years. For the last tow days I have managed to get up and ride my bike up to the lake. The first day I did thirty miles, and yesterday about twenty five. I put my new Ipod in my pocket and headed to the lake. Everything is so green, and the temperature was perfect. North Dakota has the best bike path system in the world. North Dakota gets way more highway funds than the population could ever justify, so the state paves every cow path it has. The net result is a nice system of roads with no one to use them. They end up being giant bike paths. If taxpayers in other states saw this they would kill us. In fact I know one taxpayer that did. My brother-in-law from Pittsburgh came to Erin's wedding. He had some time so he took a ride. He came back furious when he saw all our brand new empty roads. With all the moisture and greenery the air is good enough to drink. After I got to the lake yesterday The Commander came up in the car and we loaded the boat with dinner. With some friends we sailed out to a bay and cooked some nice steaks. Life is good in Dakota, keep sending us your tax dollars. We love farm subsidies, and your highway help is also welcome. If you get the chance come out and enjoy the stuff you sent us.

No comments: