Tuesday, June 09, 2009

There Must be a God


Merrily Lord Kadizzle has been cutting the grass for the last hour. The Bible says "Two sparrows are sold for a penny, aren't they? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father's permission. . It was not a sparrow, but a young Robin. Paying little attention I was going about my grass cutting when for some reason I happened to look down. Instantly I stopped three inches from a young robin that must have just left the nest. Three inches and that poor fellow would have known the feeling of going through a jet engine like the birds on the Hudson did when they brought down the Airbus.

The fact that at the last instant I managed to see the bird felt like the intervention of the divine. Unfortunately God must have been watching TV yesterday. I pushed the mower under the neighbors cedar tree and bird parts flew everywhere. My assumption was I had hit the carcass of a bird killed by cats. However, today I am haunted that I may have hit the sibling of the fellow saved today. The moral of the story is God acts in strange ways.

No comments: