Friday, October 31, 2008

Old whistle dick here couldn't get laid in a mortuary!!

Years ago with my brother Colin I worked for old Lutrel Davis. Lute as they called him had some old country sayings that have stuck with me my whole life. One was the term "Whistle dick". This morning I decided to look up the definition and came across the quote above. During my time since working with Lute, most of my problems have been caused by whistle dicks. Another saying old Lute had was "Don't strain your milk". Colin or I would start to lift something heavy, and Lute would say "Don't strain your milk". The other day I was working in yard and my neighbor used the term. It was the first time I have heard it in forty years. Remembering my brother Colin I thing of the time he renamed a Christian crusade. A bunch of fundies started a movement called "Dare to be Great". The fundies were running around the south ripping off the ignorant. Colin called the group "Dare to be Stupid". Vote for McCain, and you can join the movement.

No comments: