Friday, October 16, 2020

The Silver Spade

 Once upon a time Kadizzle was the training director for Consolidation Coal in Eastern Ohio. Kadizzle had to do safety training for about 2,000 people, some management training, and run a training center. As part of that job Kadizzle had some opportunities to go on the Silver Spade.  It was the largest earth moving shovel ever built.  If you view the video below you can get an idea of its size.  To get on the machine one went on an elevator up through the center pin.  Too lazy to write down some of the interesting stories about this machine, but if you ever want to hear them in my presence let me know.  Sitting in front of the fire just happened to come across this video.  Reminds me of how old Kadizzle is.  My time in Ohio was when I was about 23.  It was an interesting job and created some good stories.  

No comments: