Tuesday, July 24, 2007

111 Degrees Yesterday In Hazen


The only time in my existence I remember hotter weather was in Las Vegas in the 60's when it was 120. I rode my bike up the street and checked the bank thermometer. It read 111. I know a lot of people don't believe in Global warming, but my life in North Dakota has convinced me. When we moved here in 1976 we saw some winters that were hard to believe. There were 36 degree below days with wind chills of 125 below. In the last ten years most winters here have been do da. North Dakota was plagued with blizzards in the past, not any more. We used to get two or three terrible blizzards. I can't even remember when we had the last one. The drought has been going on for over eight years. Surely something has changed. I would not be surprised if we beat yesterday's heat record today. The Commander and I may go to Bismarck and shop today just to get out of the heat.

No comments: