Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Mexican Train


How do traveling people entertain themselves? Prior to hitting the road, the game of Mexican Train was unknown to me. The Dutchman, however soon introduced it to us. It is a bizarre game that has more variations than I do excuses. One of the variations is called "Chicken foot". I think we are of the Chicken foot school.The word Kadizzled actually came during one of these train sessions. If you cannot play your turn, you are kadizzled. The rules of the game seem to change every time it is played. It is what I would call a sorting game. You sort domino's. If you analyze most card games, that is all you are really doing is sorting cards. Since the winner results from a combination of skill, and the random draw, it does resemble life. When you win, you attribute it to skill, when you loose, you say it was just bad luck. At the end of the game it is best to get out some vanilla ice cream and put a few dabs of raspberry jam on it. Sometimes people play faster knowing what the results will be. One of the strange things that frequently occurr, is that Cissie and Ed acuse me of cheating. They claim I do not draw enough tiles to begin with, or I randomly place tiles back in the pile. I am a consistant looser, which seems strange if I am cheating. Now, if I cheat, and still loose, that is the mother of all insults about my ability, perhaps that is the message they are trying to get across.

No comments: