Saturday, February 17, 2007

Cheeseburger, and Fries


To refresh your memory I will repeat that since Thanksgiving I have been carring tow turkeys right above my belt. I have named them Cheeseburger, and his friend Fries. You can see them in the picture above. When we got to the bottom of the Grand Canyon I let them walk around a bit, knowing I was going to have to break the bad news. On the way down the two birds hammered me to death. It took me a full day to recover. It was time to tell one he was history and not making the trip up the five thousand foot climb out of the Canyon. Having to choose between Cheeseburger adn Fries was tough. They had both been good to me. Both had comforted me in many times of distress. Finally I looked in Fries eyes and told him the bad news. He looked back with that expression he always gets the day before Thanksgiving.

No comments: